Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Texture

I chose to focus on texture due to the fact that there are so many various textures that can be found on a bicycle. The photograph of the seat shows that it would have a smooth, slick texture and slightly rough feel where the grid-like pattern is. I liked that the stitching of the seat is visible in this photo, and was glad I could incorporate the springs behind the seat, which also have a distinct texture. The bike pedal and its checkerboard pattern are clearly rough and hard, which is visible in the picture. I wanted to capture the pedal's ability to grip to a rider's shoe. Tires have various textures including smooth (on the edges) and rough and treaded (on the ventral surface), which are both visible in the picture of the wheel and bike tire. I included the brand name of the tire (Nylon) to add interest to the photograph, as well as the texture of rubber lettering.


No comments:

Post a Comment